You can use the Bedrock Reading Test to assess any learner in your school, whether they use the Core Curriculum or not.
If your school manually set up Bedrock rather than using Wonde, we’ll supply you with a spreadsheet to fill out with data about your Reading Test only learners and return to us.
Learners who already exist in Bedrock’s Core Curriculum, do not need to be added again for the Reading Test.
A class that has been configured for the Reading Test only will appear with a book icon next to it. Learners who are marked as ‘Reading Test Only’ do not have access to the Core Curriculum (Bedrock Vocabulary and Bedrock Grammar). These classes will also be hidden from the reporting area for teachers.
Before scheduling a Reading Test for learners who don’t use Bedrock, you need to ensure they are configured correctly.
Only lead teachers can configure classes.
Configuring a new Reading Test only class/group from your MIS via Wonde:
- From your teacher dashboard, click ‘Subscription management.’
- Select ‘Core configuration.'
- Choose ‘Reading Test’ from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to search your MIS by ‘classes’ or ‘groups.’
- Find the classes/groups that you want to add.
To make the process easier, you can search for a particular class code as it appears in your MIS by typing into the ‘filter’ box e.g. eng.
- Select the class(es) or group(s) by ticking the box.
- Tick the ‘Reading test only’ box.
- Click ‘Link.'
Learners will be synced into the class within 24 hours, via our nightly sync to your school’s MIS (Monday - Friday). This means your learner data won’t appear in your classes for up to 24 hours. If this remains an issue after 24 hours has passed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once Reading Test learners have been added, you can schedule their tests.
Updating an existing class to be Reading Test only
- Select the class you wish to amend.
- Click "Manage" from the header menu.
- Tick the box for ‘Reading Test only.
- Select ‘Update.’
Changing a class to Reading Test only will stop their access to the Bedrock Core Curriculum.